Friday, May 30, 2008

Official plans for the future

I realize we have not officially unveiled our plans for the upcoming year and beyond, so here it goes:
Return to US
Tiffany and the kids will fly home to Sacramento, CA with Michelle (her sister) on July 23rd. I, unfortunately, need to stick around here until August 11th to pick up my last paycheck (or they won't pay me). We will live with Tiffany's family in Sacramento where we will get some more work experience and save up to go back to school! I hope to make a trip down to Disneyland while we're there, mainly so I can eliminate Tiffany's constant criticism that I'm a deprived human- just because I've never been there before.

Graduate School
Though I thought I'd never go back to school (due to my unrelenting phobia of entrance exams... I heard a monkey did better than me on the ACT the first time I took it), I've found myself extremely excited to get an MBA with an emphasis in human resources! It's been a long journey to get to this point, and since I've yet to take the GMAT or be accepted into an MBA program, it's been a great ride. I hope to start school in Fall 2009, depending on GMAT and application deadlines... we'll see. I have a lot of studying to do.

Far future
Since my experience and interests push me to the international arena, I hope to work in HR for a company who has ties to China or Vietnam (I guess that's pretty much everybody in this globalized capitalist-driven world). I have a great tutor who helps me with my Chinese every weekday morning before work in hopes that I can use the language more in the future.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, we might be going to Disneyland in the first part of October. Maybe we will see you guys there :-). Good luck with your plans!

Kallista said...

Tiff-

I am so excited for all of you. I love looking at your blog, and hearing all you stories of China! I hope that you can come up to Utah and visit. Sacramento will be fun!

-KALLISTA

Marilyn said...

Thanks for the update on your plans. It's good to know that you are coming home. Ken has a niece, Michelle's cousin, who lives in the Sacramento area. She is a lobbyist there. Ken also has a cousin who lives there and works for the attorney general. Hope to hear from you soon. Love ya

Stephanie said...

We're working on Luke's MBA at the moment >< ask me how much fun that is!
Tiff - I cried when I read your post about Erik on his birthday. Hopefully once you're back in the states we can find a way to get together, so I can meet the little guy :)
Good luck to you guys!
Stephanie Ray

Anonymous said...

That's great! I love working in HR! I just passed the PHR in January and I've thought about going back to school as well. Let me know what you think! I would love to do something similar with the latin countries so I'll let you go first and let me know what it's like.