Monday, June 23, 2008

Ellie's epidermal disaster


We're really not quite sure what to think. It seems that most of them itch, and Didi and I are getting bitten by bugs, too, but then a random blister showed up on her thumb today. The bumps are covering her arms and parts of her legs and face. All 42 have surfaced within a matter of days, less than a week after Didi's "grass allergy" hand and foot rashes, which have mostly healed but a new rash has developed on his face. According to all we can read about it online, it doesn't fit the description of hand foot mouth disease at all, but I guess anything's possible. We bought some mosquito treatment for the kids' room tonight and if her flesh is still looking highly devoured come tomorrow, perhaps I'll make another landmark visit to the hospital.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It doesn't look like chicken pox -- chicken pox have a clearish blister in the middle of each bump. I think she may have been devoured by mosquitoes in her sleep. But, I would definitely be on alert.

blaine and michelle said...

I'm sorry! It sure doesn't look like fun....I'm betting on mosquitoes or some other type of bug bite.

Tana said...

My kids had the hand foot mouth thing a time or two, and it was seriously on the hands feet and in their mouths. Good luck. it doesn't look like much fun.

Karrot Soup said...

I'm pretty sure they're bug bites, though if they're bigger than mosquito bites I hate to suggest it, but they could be spider bites. I used to get those all the time during my sleep when I lived in Portugal, especially during the summer. Though it was usually only one or two at a time, not in such bunches as Ellie seems to have. Either way, they don't hurt anything besides the itching. Good luck, and happy belated to Didi! (Thanks for the post.)
:)