Friday, February 29, 2008

One reason you should bring a translator to the hair salon...

is that there's always a possibility that when you attempt to say something like, "I want my hair just like that lady's, but without the bangs <sign language was required since "bangs" has not yet worked its way into my Chinese lexicon>>," you'll still end up looking like this:





(I'm not smiling because I really don't think I like them yet.)

Now that I'm sporting the same bangs I painstakingly grew out in the third grade, I've noticed that I nevertheless fit in very well with my Asian peers. Almost every cute, stylish school girl in Tianjin must've asked their hairdressers for the very same do. I guess this is as close as I'll get to "going native."

Actually, once I recovered from the initial shock of looking 15 again, I began to realize that many of the world's foremost role models are also jumping on the bang-wagon. If Jessica Simpson can pull them off, surely I can too, right?







10 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

I'm so sorry. I can imagine the shock you must have felt, but I think you look great. And, for some reason, more Chinese. At least you're one of the lest vain people I know, and are gorgeous enough to pull anything off.

becca said...

tiffany, i think the cut is super cute!

Ie Li said...

Tiffany! I think you look great! It's been a long time! You're living in Tianjin? My grandpa was born there. Steve and I live in DC and we're loving it. Is it okay if I add you to our blog list?

The Country Larsen's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Country Larsen's said...

Tiffany, I think it is super cute on you! I've been contenplating bang's myself, but Brett won't let me! :)

Cristi said...

Tiffany, the new hair is SO cute and so CHIC!!! I absolutely LOVE it! I actually think you look older and more sophisticated with this hair! Hope you've grown into liking it, because it's HOT!! :)

nimbus said...

Tiffany, don't kid yourself. You are "HOT" in any hair-do.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Tiff, you are sssssmokin'! I love it on you and I am 127 percent serious plus I am not lying :) AND, look how popular your blog is!! You are hot and popular, hooray!

Miss ya~ C

Sharn Woo said...

Tiffany! That hair cut looks super cut on you!

Kirk and Jamie said...

Hey Tifferoo, I know it's been a long time. I've been checking out your blog every so often trying to keep in touch with everyone from Oregon back in the day:) Wanted to let you know you look super cute and I agree with blaine and michelle's comment that somehow it does make you look more asian:) Take care.